Finally! I am finished! I am a Beautiful Butterfly! I have wings!


Heimlich from Bugs Life

Thursday, December 11, 2008

Biggest Loser 2009!

2009 is my year! I will lose all my weight by June of 2009. It's been a bit frustrating because, in the past, I've been able to easily lose my baby weight up to a certain point, about 150, and then I have to work for the rest. This time I stopped losing at 170, only about 13 lbs less than what I weighed when I delivered. I suspect it has a lot to do with the Pulminary Embolism that I got 10 days after baby was born. It took me a long time to do anything strenuous, even walking up the stairs was tough.

Baby is now almost 5 mo old and I will be 5 mo post PE at the end of December, they say it takes 3-6 months to recover, depending on the size of the clot. Apparently, the one I had was fairly large. I am feeling so much better than I was even a month ago and feel ready to really tackle the weight! I currently weigh 164 and would like to lose 44 more lbs. That averages out to be just over 7 lbs a month. That shouldn't be too difficult, thats not even 2 lbs a week. A friend just gave me a treadmill so that should help a ton. The eating isn't too bad, my tough area is the junk food. Chocolate especially. Brownies! Yum! Cookies, cakes, pies etc. Gotta go! Just say no!

So.....my goals are: 1 treat a week (If I don't do at least that I will never stick to it), Walk 30 min each day slowly working up to 45 (when I first started using the treadmill I couldn't do any more than 10 due to the PE, now I'm at 20, hopefully by January I will be able to walk 30 min). I really like the Special K diet. I like it because it uses the same principles I believe in for good eating, it's easy to keep track of, I lose weight while on it and I never feel hungry.

No comments:

Post a Comment