Finally! I am finished! I am a Beautiful Butterfly! I have wings!


Heimlich from Bugs Life

Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Day 3

Today will be the hardest. Day 3 always is. I'm grateful that I have two different motivators. One is this group (Awesome!), the other is our insurance company has a money challenge going on. I have to go until Feb. 28th without eating sugar. Very, very hard for me. It's really hard for me to go without chocolate. I'm a HUGE addict! But I can do it if I have something to replace it with like hard candies or licorice. I can't even do that with the challenge so I know it's going to be rough but I'm trying to take it one day at a time. I have replaced it with crackers, triscuits, and I'm watching the servings and fat grams, so hopefully it won't keep me from losing.

The two biggest things I need to work on is drinking more water and eating more fruits and veggies. Unfortunately I'm a bit limited in what I can eat for several reasons. 1, I'm on blood thinners so it limits what veggies I can eat. It means no dark green leafy veggies, so no spinach or broccoli or dark lettuce etc. Those are my favorite veggies! It means I just don't eat salad because I think iceburg lettuce is pretty useless in the nutrient department. Anyway #2 reason I'm limited is because I won't have any money to grocery shop until next thursday, the 15th. It's really really hard to keep fresh fruits and veggies in this house because my kids eat them really well. We can go through a 10 lb bag of apples in two days! Three lbs of bananas are gone in a day etc. So if you see lots of repetition, thats why! Hopefully at the end of this month I can go off the blood thinners so that will help too.

I also need to work on keeping my calorie and fat levels up. I know it sounds wierd but whenever I diet I tend to eat too little so I can get to the end of a day and have only eaten 4 fat grams and 800 calories. Definitely not enough, especially for a nursing Mom.

So........

Monday:
Special K/milk
Grapefruit
Special K/milk
Carrot
Two pieces of bread, plain
Breakfast casserole (I know, not the best choice but.....long story)
60 oz water

I'll figure out calories and fat grams later.

Tuesday:
Special K/milk
Triscuits
Special K/milk
Two pieces of bread, plain
Two mini oranges
Pancakes/milk (It was a really crappy evening)

64 oz of water

I've done cardio every day and strength training every other day. Total I workout about an hour.

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like you are doing awesome! Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't forget to add some lean protein in there! Ike tuna fish with that bread, you need the vitamins!! Good luck, keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. An hour workout each day is awesome! Great job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The most frustrating thing to me about the food is that all the healthy food is so darn expensive! I would LOVE to keep my home stocked with whole grain breads, fruits and veggies, and more "real" ingredients, but all the "enriched" stuff is so much cheaper. GRR. At least you are watching what you eat. And 60 minutes a day is great!

    ReplyDelete