Finally! I am finished! I am a Beautiful Butterfly! I have wings!


Heimlich from Bugs Life

Monday, January 19, 2009

Feeling normal again

Family is better too except my 16 yo. I think he's going to need a Dr also.

Weekly update- I exercised 6 days last week, two days were light days while I was feeling crappy but at least I did something on those days! Weekend eating was not great but we were 4 hours at a meeting and starved when we got done so we stopped at Wendy's. Trying to balance the eating good and staying within our budget I had a $1 chicken sandwich. I have no idea how much fat and calories they have so..... yeah, there ya go. It's also really hard to curb the snacking while dh is home. Almonds are good for me but too many is not! LOL

The good news is...... I lost 4 lbs. A total of 10 lbs! Awesome. I also measured myself yesterday. I've lost at least an inch off my waist, hips and thighs! I'm very happy! I put a skirt on yesterday that I haven't been able to get buttoned before now. I got it buttoned!

My goal for this week is to write down everything. I need to know for sure how many fat grams and calories I eat mostly because what you don't know CAN hurt you. It would also be nice to have a report for my Dr when I go see him about my cholesterol next Monday.

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like you are doing GREAT! Glad to hear you are feeling well! I think tracking your food is a big help when trying to lose weight. It gives you a visual for how you are doing. I do Weight Watchers and I try to know exactly how many points something is before I even eat it. I try to research online calories, fat, and fiber of a resturant item before I eat it, if possible. That helps me plan. The chili and baked potaotes really are not that bad at Wendy's and they even have reduced fat sour cream to put on it now. I like fat free, but if I go out. I like to treat myself because I don't do it very often. Good Luck. You sound like you are doing well. Come visit me at my blog when you get time. I am also a Biggest Loser.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have taken control of your exercise and thats a huge step! You should be so proud of yourself for what you have accomplished already, seriously! I hear you about DH being home, it's like having your own personal cheat. I have also discovered this, mine really wants me to accomplish my goals, but he is an iron worker and has to eat like 4000 calories a day just to maintain his weight, and he struggles to GAIN it! It's kinda not fair that his metabolism rocks. I try to keep 100 calorie packs just for that reason. And Lorie is right, researching the places online that you frequent gives you an exact idea on what you can eat and where. She has been an inspiration to us since we met last year and she totally knows what shes talking about!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! You are doing so well. Keep it up, and glad your family is almost all well again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey! Way to go! 10 lbs is AWESOME!!! I just read your about me for the first time... are you studying to be a CPM? I had my last baby with an amazing midwife. Love midwifery and birth! Can't wait to get to know you better as we fight the battle of the bulge! :o)

    ReplyDelete