Finally! I am finished! I am a Beautiful Butterfly! I have wings!


Heimlich from Bugs Life

Monday, January 26, 2009

I think I know what happened

I don't want to say yet but it means I never lost 10 lbs to begin with, which is good because it also means I didn't gain 7 lbs in one day! LOL Anyway, I will test my theory tomorrow and tell you if it worked.

So I kinda took a break over the weekend. I still worked out Saturday but didn't think much about eating either day. Weighed this morning and had still lost 1.7 so thats good. Last night was my bro's bday so I ate a piece of cake and some icecream. No biggie. It's the everyday eating that concerns me.

So....this week I have a girls lunch out and a midwife friend is taking me to dinner. What are good choices at Olive Garden? I'm going to lunch with friends that have had weight problems in the past and have lost a bunch of weight so I'm planning on asking them to help me make good choices. Both of them are so beautiful and huge inspirations to me!

Someone asked what kind of midwife was I becoming. I'm going to be a CPM and do homebirths.

5 comments:

  1. That was me who asked... I had my last baby at home with Richelle Jolley! I LOVE HER!!! It's so fun to meet women who are doing midwifery school. I am birth obsessed and a doula. I think being a midwife would be fantastic if I had a live in nanny or something!! Way to go on the 1.7 lbs!! Good luck at dinner. I say try Mindy's smelling theory out and let us know how it worked for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am curious to hear the story behind what happened :)
    I rarely eat out... so am no good for menu recommendations.
    That is great that you are going to be a CPM.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You definitely want to stay away from any sauces that are cream or butter-based. Try something with grilled chicken or fish and lots of veggies! Also, ask if they will do a lunch-sized portion for you. They usually can do that. Or, order the normal size and ask for your to-go box early. Put half of the meal in the box and only eat what is on your plate. I'm so bad about wanting to clean my plate, so if it's already gone, there won't be as much guilt. :) Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. www.dwlz.com, go here and click on restraunts and check out olive garden. she has the points values of everything, save up a few points through the day if you need too. Have fun though! Also, ideas from friends who have been there and been sucessful is always the best!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah, I would say for Olive Garden, try to stay away from eating more than one bread stick or any if you are being really brave. If you get salad, see if they can put the dressing on the side, they have a great salad, but the dressing is really thick and full of calories.

    Yeah, stay away from cream based things like alfredo sauce. They have a chicken and veggie dish my coach would always get every time we went there, but I can't remember the name.

    It is great that we can plan before going places so we make smarter choices.

    ReplyDelete