Finally! I am finished! I am a Beautiful Butterfly! I have wings!


Heimlich from Bugs Life

Friday, January 23, 2009

Frustrated

I've gained 6 lbs back. I'm not quite sure why. It happened on Wednesday and I can't get it to budge. The only thing I can think of is that I skipped lunch on Tuesday. I had an unexpected visitor, we'd been invited to go swimming so I was looking through storage to find swim suits, when I got to the pool I realized that I had never eaten. I ended up eating way more than I would have normally when I got home because I was so hungry. BUT I've maintained the inches lost, actually lost more. I just don't get it.

So.... maybe my body thought I was trying to starve it and wants to hang on to every bit of food that it can.....maybe it's a combination of that and muscle increase.....maybe I lost the first 10 lbs too fast, I've been worried about that....maybe I'm a failure and just can't do anything right.....who knows. It's been really hard to not give up. I just have to keep telling myself that eventually it will go down again and I need to be patient.

I increased my exercise Thursday and today to about an hour and 15 min. I'll repeat that tomorrow and then Monday I want to get up earlier and do an hour and a half. It's not all aerobics. It's part yoga, part strength training, part aerobics. The increase will be just in the aerobics area.

I never did start keeping track of my calories and fat. I might have to start following recipes that have the info listed. It's just very time consuming for me to figure out what each individual ingredient is, add it all together, divide it by the number of servings we might get out of it and then figure out how much I will eat. I just don't have the time. Maybe some day I will figure out what all our favorites are and go from there. Until then I don't know what to do.

Just frustrated.

5 comments:

  1. Hi! I have a lot of recipes on my blog that might be what you are looking for. Go to the sidebar and click on recipes, I also have a lot of sites on there that might have some recipes you are looking for?

    Sometimes not getting enough calories can make you gain weight. I know sounds strange, but that's why it's so important for me to track what food I eat. I do points so I don't have to worry about the calories etc. Well actually the points is based on calories, fat, and fiber, just the smaller numbers makes it so much easier to deal with. Sometimes people also do not add enough calories to comensate for the activity they are getting. We get activity points and sometimes if I use 1/2 of those I have a better loss. I don't exactly know what your problem is, but I know you have a lot of people here to support you so don't give up. Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just by looking at all the post topics, I think a bunch of people are having a rough time. That's the nice thing about having this group...to encourage and lift each other up. How amazing that you'd already lost ten pounds! Good for you! I like the recipe sidebar idea Lorie has. Maybe I'll do the same thing. It'd be really cool to be able to find fellow Losers eating ideas and see how we do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Camille, Dont give up!!! That time of the month can definately add on the pounds! Some women last time would gain between 2-7 pounds during their period, add to it the hormonal changes and its so easy to get discouraged. You know that you are doing things right, we all "mess up" every once in a while with our eating, but that doesn't mean the end. Your body is adjusting to all the changes you ar making as well and it can be confused. Please acknowledge that you have done such a great job so far, and you will definately be sucessful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't say it any better! If you are doing the right things most of the time and you know that you are cutting your portions downs most of the time and you are exercising regularly then hang in there, we haven't even been doing this a month and you are down 10lbs. Most people don't lose more than 2-3 a month! Your doing fine. Stop panicking and put yourself back in control!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't know if you are doing any weights, but muscle weights more then fat. If you are doing weights you could still loose inches but not much weight. In fact, doing weights helps to build muscle and the muscle helps to burn more calories when you're just sitting around. My mom used to run marathons and she said she never lost weight doing that but once she started doing weights, she said she the weight just fell off. Keep it up! Staying healthy is not just about loosing weight.

    ReplyDelete